17 January 2008

iYawn.

I've had the new iPhone software upgrade for a few days now, and its.......

OK

For all of the hype put to the 1.1.3 upgrade, I was expecting more. The faux GPS feature is interesting, but I have noticed a direct correlation between the ability to locate your position with precision and cell reception. At the office, where my reception is great, it pegs me down to less than 100 meters; at home, where my reception is spotty, my house is barely in a 1000-plus meter circle. Not exactly accurate. The hybrid maps feature and floating pin locator are nice, and welcome additions. The multi-recipient SMS feature is cute, but not too useful as I am not 14. The movie rental feature is pretty cool, though. Steve Jobe is not, alas, reading RSR - or he would have seen what I was looking for in an upgrade.

All that being said, though, I still love my little toy.

No comments: