30 September 2008

Politics is Pastoralia. Or Is That The Other Way Round?

The Former Bishop of Nevada, currently the Presiding Bishop of The Episcopal Church (tm), recently gave a lecture where she ruminated at length on Western farm policy, land use policies, proper grazing techniques, adaptive reuse of buildings, light bulbs, the diets of cows, and the the digestion of sheep.

Thoughts about Christ, God, forgiveness, redemption or salvation... not so much.

Here is what appears the crux of her talk, which was directed at the clergy:
I hope your sermons in the next few weeks will encourage all your flock to share in that pastoral work and cast an informed ballot.

"Cast an informed ballot?" I wonder what she means by that?

Hey, I think I'll try my hand at this pastoralia politics. So tonight I'm starting

Episcopalians for McCain/Palin.

Our motto: God and guns made America free; let's keep it that way.

No comments: