22 December 2008

Laurinda Is Running!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 22, 2008
CONTACT:
Bob Munson
225-921-9739


Calongne Announces Candidacy For State Senate

BATON ROUGE - Laurinda Calongne today announced her intention to run for the State Senate in District 16.

Calongne will hold a formal announcement January 18, 2009.

“After a great deal of thought and consideration, and the support of countless friends and supporters, I’m excited to announce my candidacy for the State Senate,” said Calongne. “I’m a businesswoman. I see challenges and I respond to them practically and effectively. We have serious challenges ahead. The economy, healthcare and education are three of the biggest. Those happen to be my areas of expertise and I believe I can help our community and our State create practical and effective solutions to these challenges.”

Calongne, a Republican, is the founder and CEO of Robert Rose Consulting in Baton Rouge. The firm has received national recognition for its work in health care, education and business.

Before starting her company, Calongne served on the Council on Graduate Medical Education in the Administration of President George W. Bush. She represented all teaching hospitals in the United States to the Presidential Council and to the United States Congress. In 2002, Governor Mike Foster appointed Calongne to the Louisiana Health Works Commission where she helped identify sources of funding for Healthcare in Louisiana.

In addition to her business accomplishments, Calongne has had over ten years of clinical and management

experience in the healthcare industry, and held an adjunct faculty position at Louisiana State University for five years.

“My experience speaks for itself,” said Calongne. “But I know that politics takes more than just a resume. I’ve got to let the voters know who I am as a real person – a wife, a mom, a businesswoman. Voting for someone takes trust. My job as a candidate is to earn that trust.”

Calongne said she is in the process of putting together her campaign team and a formal announcement will be held January 18 of next year.

No comments: