23 May 2007

Is there anybody out there?

OK, I did it. I got a blog. (Nothing like being 5 years behind the curve, eh?)

For those who don't know me, let me introduce myself: I am an architect in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, with interests in architecture (duh!), politics and current events, the Episcopal Church's epic struggle to achieve utter irrelevance, military history, shooting, and things outdoors. How much of one versus the other will be showcased around here, we will have to wait and see.

Why am I doing this now? Dunno, exactly. I'm approaching the big five-oh and, as mid-life crisis' go, this seems like a pretty safe and tame one. So do I have anything to say? Again - I dunno. I'll put up what interests me, and my take on it, and I hope it will be of interest to you, too. (Or, at least, give you something to kill time with while at work.)

I figure if Rachel Lucas can come back from the blog-dead (now there's a hot. zombie. fantasy.), I can live a little.

So, here goes........

UPDATE: Welcome Drell's Descants readers! Feel free to have a look round. It's still very much a work in progress, so please pardon the mess.