20 May 2010

Drawing For Fun And Prophet.

Get your pencils out, dear readers - today is Everybody Draw Mohammed Day! , which came about in response to this. When any group can stymie speech through threats of violence and intimidation, we all lose. So here is my contribution to upholding the First Amendment:


Call it, 'Curly, Larry, and Mohammed'.
(Sharpie, correction tape on laser print)

This isn't about blaspheming a religion. This is about making a point fundamental (!) to freedom: That you and I have the right to speak - without fear of violence or threats of violence - what others may find objectionable, even blasphemous. Look, many, many people have blasphemed my religion in the past, but you don't see me or my fellow Christians threatening to lop off heads, or actually doing so, in the name of God. We do what should be done in a free society - more speech.

UPDATE: Welcome Hayride readers!

No comments: