22 June 2007

This IS NOT A Reflection About Naked Images Of Paris Hilton.

This is the 100th post since this one, and tomorrow this little experiment is one month old. So, I guess its time for a little reflection.

First - I am grateful to all you who are reading this, and hope what you find here enlightens, entertains, or enrages (pick any two). If you like it, please come back. And tell your friends. I am especially grateful to the other bloggers who have linked to something I wrote or commented upon. Thank you all. I really haven't had much feedback from readers, such as what you like or don't like, what is good or bad, helpful suggestions, offers of marriage, etc. Let me know if you wouldn't mind - just send an e-mail to: redstickrant@gamil.com. (You don't need to tell me I can't spell for shite. I know that. But I have a perfectly reasonable excuse - the diploma hanging on my wall is from here.)

Second – blogging is a lot of fun. And cathartic. Remember back in the Dark Ages (to me, the 1970s) when the best you could do was talk back to the TV screen? Nobody, other than the people in the room, heard you. (And they mostly thought you were a bit daft for talking back to a screen.) Well, now you really CAN talk back to the screen, and exercise (…three …four…. feel the burn…) the ‘ol First Amendment at the same time. So if you are likewise compelled, go get yourself a blog. It’s easy. Let me know you’re there and I’ll throw up a link. To steal a line from one of the greatest movies ever made: “It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.”

Third – the number of shallow-minded sickos out there on the Web is huge. Huge. And they Google truly pathetic things like: “Naked Images of Paris Hilton”. Not that I would use this to my advantage by putting “Naked Images of Paris Hilton” in a post title to drive up my Sitemeter stats or Technorati standing…….

No comments: