31 July 2007

Cabin Fever.

OK, I have been mostly laid up for four days, and have two or three more to go. I hurt. I can't get comfortable. And, I'm grumpy. Maybe posting a few things will make me feel better, so here goes:

Off of Instapundit: I'm sure a Federal grant was involved in the academic study mentioned here, documenting the reasons people say they have sex. Like Billy Crystal said in the movie City Slickers: "Women need a reason to have sex; guys just need a location."

Senator Ted Stephens (Really Old Guy - Alaska) seems to be in hot water because, it is alleged, a contractor friend paid for the renovation and major expansion of his home in Alaska. Below is an AP photo of the house:


Yes, that is allegedly a Senator's house. AFTER the alleged renovation. I saw video of the place on FoxNews, and there was actually rope spiraling up the porch columns. Maybe that is a sign of status in Alaska , or maybe they went for the beachhouse-in-the-tundra look. I don't know. What I do know is - and I am a professional here - that's................ bloody ugly. I half expect to see several derilict snowmobiles in the front yard. Is the Senator guilty? Don't know. That is for a court to decide. But if that is what he calls a "renovation", I think we have to ask if we want this guy minding our money, guilty or not.

Yep. I feel better.