18 July 2007

Who Knows What Cruiosity Lurks In The Hearts Of Men? (And, Of Course, Women?)

Apparently, Sitemeter knows. I am always amused to see what phrase folks searched to get here. Here are a couple from today:

Someone at Raytheon in Lexington, Massachusetts, (in the Executive Office, no less), got here by Googling "baton rouge mandina's". Either you're a homesick 'Yat, or you got too much time on your hands. (If your name is Janet, and you divorced my friend Brian to run off with a guy named Phil who also worked at Raytheon, drop me a line. Love to catch up.) For the record, Mandina's in New Orleans is back in operation. Try Googling that.

Someone in Mineola, New York, got to my humble site by Googling "why should we not believe in the dalie lama". It picked up a comment I made about the Presiding Bishop of The Episcopal Church (tm) that had the words "believe" and "Dali Lama". For the record, I've never met the Dali Lama, but I do believe he exists. I'm sure he is a very nice man, though I don't subscribe to him any divinity.

Oh, yes: "Hi, Mom."

For my Paranoid readers: No, Sitemeter does not let me see the actual names and addresses of who visits here, just the network and ISP you are using, and where it's located. So don't panic. (Oh, yes - for some strange reason Sitemeter does let me know what brand of underwear you are wearing when you visit. No idea why they know, or how they know, but it is very amusing none the less.)

UPDATE: But this one beats them all. Hands down. Somebody from Elm Creek, Nebraska, got here by Googling - and I am not making this up - "eucharist stick". Really. My first reaction was that this was another Episcopal Church (tm) "new thing"; Communion-on-a-stick, or maybe someone created a sacramental fondue. (Don't laugh - we already have a "Clown Eucharist".) But then I got to thinking (dangerous, I know) and realized that maybe this person probably just couldn't spell "Eucharistic." Either way, pretty scary.

No comments: