09 March 2008

If You Can Prounounce These Names Correctly....

....You've lived in Massachusetts. And you'll know why this hysterical:

"The Comcast SportsNet advertisement that ran Feb. 28 in the Boston newspaper shows two town signs, one reading, “We can pronounce Worcester,” and the other reading, “Without Sounding Like an Athol."

UPDATE: An image of the offending portion of the ad, via masslive.com:

Associated Press photo

Of course, imagine if you live in Belchertown. FWIW, I think my kids come from there.

UPDATE: I know, I know. Louisiana shouldn't be pointing fingers when it comes to town names. I mean, if you want Boutte, you'll never get there via Dry Prong.

3 comments:

Greta Perry said...

Bwahahahaha! And I love the comic that goes with the article!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Being a reformed Yankee (who quickly learned to move SOUTH of the Mason-Dixon line and appreciate the finer things in life, like, hmm, FOOD THAT HAS FLAVOR), we used to make fun of towns like this back home. Too bad people can't take a joke anymore in this society. But I'll continue to make them anyways

I am sofa king
I am sofa king
I am sofa king we todd id.

Cheers!

PS I realized later in class I had written it wrong. Oh well!