27 March 2008

More Endorsements For Laurinda Calongne.

I got this yesterday. We're on a roll!

Livingston Parish Officials Endorse Laurinda Calongne

(Baton Rouge) Livingston Parish Council member Thomas Watson, Denham Springs City Council members Lori Lamm-Williams and Jerry Denton, and Walker Alderman Gary Griffin today announced their endorsement of candidate Laurinda Calongne.

"I believe Laurinda represents the change and the vision that I have for this state and my area," said Thomas Watson, a Republican who represents District 7 of the Livingston Parish Council. "I would be very proud to be represented by Laurinda in Congress."

"Laurinda is a positive voice for reform," said Lori Lamm-Williams, a Republican on the Denham Springs City Council. "Sending Laurinda Calongne to Washington DC will continue the direction of change our state is going with the election of a new governor and new legislators."

Jerry Denton, also a Republican on the Denham Springs City Council, said that Calongne is the kind of candidate that he is proud to support. "I'm going to tell everyone I know that Laurinda is my candidate and that she has my full support."

He added, "It's nice to finally have a candidate that I can be proud of."

Gary Griffin, a Republican Alderman of Walker, echoed this sentiment. "I know Laurinda, and I am confident that she has the federal experience and the reputation among the Louisiana delegation to get the job done," he said.

Calongne stated, "I am so grateful for the support that I have received out of Livingston Parish," she said. "I can't wait to start working hard for the people of Livingston Parish and the entire 6th Congressional District."

Watson, Lamm-Williams, Denton and Griffin join Rolfe McCollister of the Baton Rouge Business Report, Livingston Parish Assessor Jeff Taylor, State Representative John LaBruzzo (R-Metairie) and State Representative Kirk Talbot (R-River Ridge) in endorsing Laurinda Calongne for the Louisiana 6th Congressional District.

No comments: