13 October 2008

Grinding The Palin Rumor Mill.

A good listing of Sarah Palin rumors, facts, factoids, and outright lies. I love No's 41-43:

41.
No the list of books she wanted to ban that’s being passed around isn’t real; among other things, it includes a number of books published after her time in office there.

42.
No, that hasn’t actually deterred people from claiming it really is true even if the list isn’t correct. For example:
“This list might not in fact reflect the books Sarah Palin wanted banned. As more than one person in Comments has pointed out, some of them were not published when Palin was in office. It is my hope that the mainstream media will not let this story drop and that at some point an actual list will surface. The very thought of having someone who once advocated book-banning possibly occupying one of the highest offices of our land fills me with profound dread. It should fill you with dread too.”

43.
No, I don’t understand why a fake list is supposed to fill me with dread, either.

1 comment:

Charlie Martin said...

Thanks for the link! I'll be up to 101 shortly.