11 November 2009

Veterans Day.

If you woke up safe and sound in your bed this morning, make sure you thank a veteran today.

This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

- Willian Shakespeare, Henry V


My thanks to John, Morgan, Keith, Hugh, Earl, Lloyd, Chad, Toby, Jacque, Garland, Fritz, David, Bruce and Jason.

An excellent way to celebrate Veterans Day - donate to Project Valor-IT.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While my father was alive, I thanked him many times and I used to love to listen to his war stories. At 19 he became a B17 bombadier and flew 50 missions over Europe. He was shot down once and spent 40 days behind enemy lines and was led to safety by Chekis resistance. He never seemed to appreciate how remarkable his service was. In a way I am glad he is dead. I don't know how he could understand what the country he served is being turned into by another Commander in Chief.