22 September 2008

What A Difference A Couple Of Decades Makes.

I admit it; I am not a big Moody Blues fan. When I was a kid I liked them, but in college I discovered Pink Floyd and, well, moved on. (Someone once described the Moody Blues as "Pink Floyd for those who've never heard of Nietzsche." Yup.)

I particularly disliked this Moody Blues song and video when it came out (I was 27) and dismissed it as meaningless, syrupy, nostalgia pop.

That was then. I heard it again the other day, a few months shy of the Big Five-Oh, and waddaya know - that syrupy nostalgia stuff means something. When I was 27 I couldn't conceive of being 50, or looking back at when I was 17. Or 27. But now....

Here's another "nostalgia" song and video, but with a bit more of a wry take. (Bonus points - name all the artists/groups they parody in the video.)

(Sure bet: Matthew will find some better nostalgia songs and videos.)

No comments: