12 June 2008

I'm Sorry, CB.

I should listen to my elders more often. I used to read CB Forgotston pretty regularly until he really started taking after Bobby Jindal not long after Jindal took office. I thought then that CB was being a bit cranky (give the boy space, I thought), and was somewhat annoyed at his (Forgotston's) stance.

I changed my mind - CB wasn't being cranky, he was spot on. Jindal has, IMHO, not lived up to the image he portrayed as a take-charge visionary wunder-kid. He seems far from that - weak, distant, distracted; and his staff seems to be calling the shots.

The current legislative pay-raise scandal (and there is no other word for it) is a case-in-point. Instead of putting his foot down and taking charge, the legislators are threatening him. If he was the person I voted for, I would have expected a reply of, "Make my day," or "Bring it on!" This pay raise is so unpopular Jindal would win any game of brinkmanship the Legislature could start. And look like a hero for it.

And what's even worse, all the "small-government, fiscal-conservative, citizen-legislator" Republicans voting for this. Bunch of hypocrites. The graphic on top of this Forgotston post says it all, IMHO.

No comments: