05 January 2009

Anne Coulter Needs To Explain Herself.

I admit it - Republican that I am, I've never been a big Ann Coulter fan. First, I don't fancy blonds (OK, once. Hi, Lisa), and second, Ann is a bit too social conservative for my libertarian tastes. I do admire her unapologetic chutzpah and her ability to drive the Left nuts. And those eyes. But this picture over at Aardvarks and Asshats II brings a couple of questions to mind:

Where's your eye protection, Ann?

How much finger should be on that trigger? You're not picking your nose, y'know.

A 9mm Beretta 92? What?? What about a real GOP handgun in a real GOP calibre?

UPDATE 06JAN09: From the comments: Warren noticed her poor grip which, I agree, ia not exactly Jeff Cooper. And LibertyGirl noted the cartridges neatly lined up on the deck - and likely to roll off - not a box and some spare mags off to the side like the rest of us. And what's with the 1,000-yard stare? You're shooting at something, I don't know, 50 feet away. Add in the tight jeans and purposeful flash of firm tummy, and me'thinks this be a posed publicity photo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And seriously, WTF leaves ammo just lying around on the table.

Of course, I'd also like to know why she's manufacturing drama with some TV network. Oh, wait, I *do* know.

Anonymous said...

That two hand grip looks a little sloppy. Put one of those thumbs a little higher and it will damn near get sliced off when the slide comes back. Come on Ann, the liberals won't take us seriously if we don't be more professional than that.

Capt. Deacon Warren

Craig Goodrich said...

You keep your eyes on the target as you bring the pistol up to eye level, which she's in the process of doing. That looks to me like a 25-yard stare about a quarter of a second before lining up the sights.

Know any Republican urban cops? The 9mm isn't enough for state troopers -- won't do much through a car door -- but modern loadings beat the hell out of a 158gr LRN in a .38 Special. And a 230gr .45, HP or solid, tends to take out the kid in the next apartment if you miss.

The amount of finger on the trigger looks right to me; this is a DA auto with a stiff initial pull, not a cocked & locked 1911. Leverage.

But then I like blondes and the tummy is nice...