08 January 2009

Well, All Isn't Well. Here's An Example.

From the latest Episcopal Diocese of Louisiana E-News comes word that Christ Church, Gonzales, has closed it's doors. I am very saddened by this news, as I know Christ Church was one of Bishop Jenkins' great hopes to grow our Diocese. He put much into it to make it a success. (Gonzales is one of the fastest growing areas of our state.) I do not know what killed it exactly, but I thought one line from the Bishop's article was very telling (highlighted):
Surely, mistakes were made. I am ultimately responsible for all of those errors. A great deal of effort and resources were poured into Christ Church and I should have done better to see that these were used in a way that would have built a sustainable, growing, and faithful congregation. The situation in the Episcopal Church seems to have greatly impacted Christ Church. Again, I should have been more attentive in this matter.
Despite their denials, the direction Gene Robinson, Katherine Schori, and their fellow travellers are taking The Episcopal Church IS driving people away.

No comments: