09 October 2007

Architects: Protecting You From Religion.

As a dues-paying member of the American Institute of Archtiects, I can only ask....

WTF is this?????

"Midland Republican U.S. Rep. Dave Camp is among lawmakers objecting because the U.S. Capitol's architect won't allow God to be mentioned in certificates of authenticity accompanying flags flown over the Capitol and bought by constitutents."

I'll bet the architect's an Episcopalian.

UPDATE: I guess the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi (D-Nutterville) is an Episcopalian, too. Pelosi defended the architect's actions in refusing an Eagle Scout's request to have the following dedication inscribed on a flag cretificate: "In honor of my grandfather Marcel Larochelle, and his dedication and love of God, country, and family." Too political and religious, said Pelosi. OK, how about this - "In honor of my grandfather Marcel Larochelle, and his dedication and love of Someone more improtant than Nancy Pelosi, country, and family." Would that be unreligious enough, Nancy?

UPDATE: Hello to the folks from the American Institute of Architects who found this post. Glad to know how you are spending my hard-earned money.

No comments: