15 October 2007

Why I'm Not Voting For John Georges.

Ray "Chocolate City" Nagin came out today in support of John Georges for Governor of Louisiana.

And tonight, at about 6:45, we received a pre-recorded phone call at our home from Nagin, saying that "our people" need to support Georges. He went on to say that Georges was the only candidate who could beat Bobby Jindal, and was the only candidate who went to Jena. (Really??)

"Our people???" (Hint: I don't think he was talking about me. Looks like someone hasn't updated their phone records in a while...) If the Mayor of Jena had taped a campaign message saying that "our people" need to vote for Jindal, there'd be hell to pay, and rightfully so.

I can't say I expected more of Nagin - he has proven himself ever the opportunist. But I am disappointed that John Georges is sinking to this level of racial pandering to get votes. I expected more from a former Hornet.

On Saturday, I'm pulling the lever for Bobby.

No comments: