05 April 2008

The End Justifies The Means, Eh?

In Canada, officially sanctioned sock-puppetry in the cause of "human rights" is perfectly legal. It seems to be OK to ignore constitutional protections in The Great White North if something will “likely to expose a person or persons to hatred or contempt', and the likely exposers are dirtbags (that is, Nazis - well the ones that weren't cops posing as Nazis). I loved this line:

"In one famous on-the-record exchange during the Lemire case, [CHRC lead investigator Dean] Steacy was asked ‘What value do you give freedom of speech when you investigate one of these complaints? — to which he replied ‘Freedom of speech is an American concept, so I don’t give it any value.’

All I can say is, thank God I'm not Canadian. And I can say that, too, because the Comrades members of the Canadian Human Rights Commission can't touch me. Freedom of Speech is an American concept, remember?

Hattip: Instapundit.

1 comment:

mousestalker said...

Puts a new spin on the phrase "O Canada", doesn't it?

There is light up there though. Some Canadians have realized just how far amok the HRC's have gone and are calling for them to be removed or reformed.