02 December 2008

Agent Smith Goes To Washington.

Senator Harry Reid (D-The Matrix), a leader of the (so-called) party of the people, is relieved he doesn't have to actually, well, smell those people anymore:
"My staff tells me not to say this, but I'm going to say it anyway," said Reid in his remarks. "In the summer because of the heat and high humidity, you could literally smell the tourists coming into the Capitol. It may be descriptive but it's true."

But it's no longer going to be true, noted Reid, thanks to the air conditioned, indoor space.
But even with the air conditioning, Senator, remember the people can still smell you.

Note: for those who don't catch the 'Agent Smith' / 'Matrix' reference, (or didn't watch all of the YouTube clip), it's this:
Agent Smith: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He really knows how to make people feel welcome. It's a wonder he hasn't been asked to write for Hallmark Cards. "To my darling wife. Just looking at you makes me want to vomit. All my love..."