24 February 2009

About Time.

I'll believe it when I see it:
In one of her first moves as U.S Homeland Security secretary, Janet Napolitano has ordered a fresh review of hurricane recovery efforts in the Gulf Coast 3 1/2 years after two killer hurricanes swept ashore.

In testimony prepared for a congressional hearing Wednesday, Napolitano said the Federal Emergency Management Agency will assign a new team of senior staff members to look at ways to improve hurricane recovery operations that have been under way since hurricanes Katrina and Rita in 2005. The Associated Press obtained an advance copy of her testimony.
My suggestion: Fire the current lot of carpetbagging FEMA contractors here, who seem less concerned about our recovery and very concerned about minute compliance with the ever-changing interpretations of the Stafford Act. Then, hire people who are actually qualified in their respective fields, can read, and can make - and take responsibility for - real-world decisions. That would be a good start.

Or, better yet, just go away.

Am I pissed about how FEMA has treated my state? Damn right I am.

No comments: