21 August 2007

And We're Moving On Up, Too.

Finally. Louisiana is ranked in the top 20 in something other than cancer, illiteracy, or murder. My Alma Mater, Louisiana State University (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Tiger Athletic Foundation), is ranked Number 13 in this survey.

I swell with pride.

We did beat this guy's 15th ranked school, so that must count for something.

UPDATE: The Emperor of Ontario has responded to my post by lamenting that his school refuses to participate in surveys, including the U.S. News College Survey. Which prompted me, since that U.S. News issue came today, to see how LSU ranked:

Best National Universities (112 ranked): Not there.
Top 50 Public National Universities: Nope.
Best Business Schools: Missed that one.
Best Engineering Programs: Must have been busy that day.

If I may quote the iconoclastic Randy Newman: "College men from LSU, go in dumb, come out dumb, too."