19 August 2007

Episcopal 'Wiki-Gate' Update.

Following up on this post from a few days ago about someone changing the Wikipedia entry on Episcopal Bishop Charles Bennison, VirtueOnline says Wikipedia has deleted the account of Barbara Alton for vandalism. Ms. Alton is Bishop Bennison's assistant, and she allegedly deleted information damaging to the Bishop.

VirtueOnline claims Ms. Anton said she made the changes at the direction of Presiding Bishop Katherine Jefferts Schori. Again, let me state that I hope this latter allegation is not true. I pray it is not true. While I am very critical of +Bp. Schori on theological grounds, I still respect the office she holds and presume in her the highest ethical standards of a Priest in the Church. But if she is involved in such paranoid, petty, and utterly Nixonian actions, then she has violated those standards and should be made to answer as the Canons and Constitution of The Episcopal Church require.