17 December 2009

The Little Party That Roared?

'Tea Party' now polls more favorably than either Democrats or Republicans.

If my little see-into-the-future globe is right, look for both 'established' parties to try and glom onto the Tea Party Movement in 2010.

The GOP establishment machinery has been trying to co-opt the Tea Party movement as theirs from the get-go, proving once again the current GOP still doesn't get it: The Tea Parties exist because of GOP failures in leadership and vision, not successes. If the GOP wants us in their camp, they're gonna have to earn it. And they're not doing a very good job with that right now. Actions, people; not words. (Or bus tours; or Facebook groups; or wine parties... -ed.)

As things continue to sour for Team Hopenchange, look for the Democrats to also try to make some kind of overture to the Tea Parties, or try to create a similar 'grassroots' organization to compete for the 'angry vote'. Like the Republicans, they have failed at the things that have folks looking to the Tea Parties as an alternative.

Maybe a new third party isn't such a bad idea.

2 comments:

James H said...

I know I sound like a broken record in the comment section on your blog on this subject but I will go at it again

I am a GOP guy and proud of it. Though I don't agree with all the Tea Party movement has to say at times I listen to their concerns. When I agree with them and promote them we are accused of trying to "co-opt" the movement

GOd decide what you want to be. If you don't want some of us failure GOP people talking about your concerns lets us know. Decide what you want to be. The Tea Party movement can't just be a ANTI movement. I as a Republican (is that a cuss word) is getting tired of being played the fall guy in all this. TIme for the tea party movement to fish or cut bait as it were. If I am the enemy so be it. At least let me know and let us fight it out in elections.

GO third party and lets have a deabte. I am all for it if it will put the whining of co opting to a stop

.....CLIFFORD said...

James:

Email me.